If you are looking for a different side for your Thanksgiving table, or just something different any night of the week, try this new take on Brussels sprouts.
Rohr's Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Vinaigrette
Sweet Chili Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 cups sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 5 oz green onions, bottom only (Use the tops for garnish.)
- Soak onions in cold water for five minutes to allow dirt particles to fall off.
- After five minutes, drain the water and give the onions a rinse under running cold water.
- Blend together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and reserve for use.
Brussels Sprouts Ingredients:
- 3 cups of Brussels sprouts, cut in half and tarnished leaves removed
- 3 oz sweet chili vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions, tops only
- Fry Brussels sprouts in a 350 F fryer for 1 minute.
- Allow the Brussels sprouts to drain for 10 seconds.
- Toss in 3 oz of the sweet chili vinaigrette until fully coated with sauce.
- Top with the sliced green onions.